You are a busy teen with many exciting things to do and cleaning just isn’t that fun? You have to clean you room fast and efficiently before your parents get home but you don’t know where to start from?
Don’t pile everything in the lumber room, pretending that you have everything under control. It surely won’t please your mom who’s been nagging about the mess in your room for months! Instead do everything the right way so you avoid wondering where to find your socks or that maths book.
Storing all the things in one place where they do not belong is not a good idea because you will have to deal with the pile sooner than you have expected it, besides you will make it harder for anyone to find things later.
So the best thing to do is to roll up your sleeves and start cleaning right now!
Here are some tips for you:
1. Before you start cleaning, make sure you provide a good working atmosphere. For example, you can play some good music on your computer or music player. Choose something inspirational and fast. If you listen to slow music, it will only make you sleepy and tired. Choose music that will give you energy and make you work with enthusiasm.
2. Make your bed. This includes changing the sheets and placing new bedding over it.
3. Put everything in order. Start with all the items on the floor. If you have a pile of socks, get rid of them. They probably need washing so the right place for them would be the laundry-basket. Make sure you put all the dirty clothing in there. Also, if you have toys, books or other stuff on the floor, put them where they belong. If you store anything under the bed, make sure you put it in the right place.
4. Put in order all the school stuff. Every teenager has a great amount of school notebooks, students books and materials. School boys and girls have to deal with so many things that they usually don’t have time to put everything in order. As a result, piles of school appliances wait patiently on the floor, on the bed, cupboards and other places that they don’t belong to. If you want to find them easily, you had better put them in the right places.
5. Throw away all the unnecessary stuff. Admit it. You have tons of unnecessary stuff you don’t actually need. Make sure you throw them in the trash can and get rid of them forever. Don’t forget to empty the recycle bin after you are done tidying up.
6. Clear your table (if you have one). Clean the desk. Put all the pencils floating around in a jar and all the papers in a file.
7. If you have spent the last couple of evenings eating in your room, you may have forgotten to take the dirty dishes out. They may be the reason for the bad odor in your room. Make sure you place them in the washing machine.
8. Now that you have put the room in order, it’s time to freshen it up a bit. Dust all the surfaces and furniture, including the window blinds if you have ones. Mop and polish the floor. Vacuum the whole area. Don’t forget to open the window to let some fresh air in. Wipe the windows with a cleaning product. If you have a computer, clean the screen with a microfiber cloth. Make sure you remove all the cobwebs if there are any. Check out places like under the bed, behind the desk and on top of the ceiling fan. Check every corner.
Clean your room today and make your mother happy. After all, you will feel better and relax more in a clean and shiny room. Plus, you will not be afraid to invite a friend at home because your room will be in good order.
AuthorBio: Connie is keen on family topics. She works at http://www.tenancyclean.co.uk/end-of-tenancy-cleaning-se12-lee/ and loves to share her tips.